Jewelry/ and Sea Glass - Self Care, believe it or not


This was Thursdays post but something happened...  Anyway I put jewelry under self care because, even though it's a 2?00?p⁰30a??, it is therapy to me.  When I went through my divorce in 2010 - 2011, I discovered I could go places I always wanted to go.  My ex-husband wasn't interested much in going to some places I would love to go.  One of those places was Port Townsend WA.  It's about 2 1/2 hours from where we live.  It could be a day trip but Kari, the boys, and I made our trip there overnight trips.  We had got to know it so well, that we could actually spend two days there easily when we went.  

One area there we went to was North Beach where we would walk the beach looking for sea glass.  We would make a challenge out of it.  The one who could find the rarest color, such as red or cobalt blue would get points, large pieces would get points, or unusual pieces or pottery would earn points.  The ones to usually win were Kari and Riley.  I have a lot of sea glass that I am finding ways to use.  More on that later. The photo is just a small sample from jars.

Another interest there was the jewelry store.  It was mostly silver and crystal rocks.  We would spend hours looking over each piece.  And we'd spend a bit of money there too.  It was such an interesting place, with interesting gals working there, that we got to know and talked.  The store closed before the pandemic.  After many years, I ended up going through my collection and gave a lot of pieces to my niece Brittany, who of course loves that style of jewelry.  

I would learn the stones and all the information about them.  I would also learn their properties... such as if it assisted in calming a person etc.  Honestly, I am not sure if stones heal etc, but they are so beautiful, they are positive no matter what.

I plan to organize my jewelry box again just to remember what I own.  As I learn, I refine my taste.  I must say, that this has been a joy.  It gives me joy and wonderful memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn