Memorial - Friendship



My heart is heavy today but I am trying to be positive by celebrating a friend's life. I usually celebrate someone's birthday who's passed rather than the we lost them. But I can't help it; maybe next year I can start. My friend and coworker Sal died 2 years ago today due to Covid. He was the best! Always caring for and encouraging others. We would banter like a brother and sister. Him and his blue tape... putting it on us as we went through the food line just because he thought it was funny. I called him on it and took the blue tape. He joked and said I was no fun. He was from Alaska. I don't know from which Native American nation, but his sister mentioned that in his culture they put paddles upward for honoring someone. On Amazon I got this small paddle and wrote his name on it. It hung in my room/ and later at work at my desk. When I retired, I gave it to the Student Union/ Center to hang in his memory. It is hanging there today. Sal, you're never forgotten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student Affairs Pot Luck 2023

Friday the 13th

Aurumn Self Check Coming