Collections - Creative

 

In one of my posts, I talked about rediscovering interests that has laid dormant for decades.  Retirement is the perfect time to rediscover those interests.  Today, I am reminding myself about current interests that I haven't been able to keep up with during the busy times.  

One of those is beading.  I self-taught myself how to bead, you might say.  I started by creating what I called "dangles" because they were a strand of beads that one would hang on your car mirror, or in a window for color.  I would make bookmarks, and during the pandemic I took to making lanyards for ones mask.  Now that the pandemic is not as serious as it was, I have thought about making work lanyards or sunglass lanyards.  

I have a pile of felt to create felt ornaments plus I can add beads.  I haven't done this for a while, but I am still interested in it. I feel it is more a winter project.

I love stones.  Ever since I found a polished stone on the playground at school, I have been fascinated with stones and crystals.  Because of New Age, there are meaning and elements assigned to each stone.  First of all, I think they are beautiful, and I have jewelry made of all kinds of stones.  The meanings and elements are just add on happiness to me.  Rose Quartz is to be the love stone.  It is a soft pink, and it is for not only loving others but loving yourself.  How can that be a bad thing?  It isn't.  It promotes good thoughts.  There are however thousands of stones.... it hard to remember what each and every one of them stands for.  Then I add on trying to learn where they are found and more of the geological information.  Keeps a girl busy.

Writing is something I have always tried to do one way or another.  Whether it is writing in a journal or writing in a blog etc.  I find it something that I love to do.  I don't know who is interested in what I have to say or what I do, but sharing is what I get out of it.  Putting my thoughts down on paper or on the computer is very helpful.

My new venture is learning to be healthy.  At this time I have lost 20 lbs.  My interest is to be health and not give into problems of old age easily.

Of course, my vintage glassware.  It's hard to find at a good price.  This weekend we went to a yard sale and I found some green pieces of depression glass.  Two sherbet glasses (above) that were a few dollars but on Ebay they same are for sale for $19 each.  I also bought a few bowls that are green depression glass.  I will need to share those on another post.  Riley thinks I should get into the resale business on Ebay.  It's an idea.  I am in the learning faze of it all.  Besides, I am terrible, I want to keep and use it all.  

Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn