Losing Weight thru Summer - Health


This photo was taken before my mom went in for open heart surgery.  It's of her and her girls minus Krista, who was in heaven.  At the left is Krista's daughter, Brittney, Kari is on the right, and I am at the top.  I can't remember the year or the dates.  My guess would be 2000 - 2001.  The boys were unknown at this time.  I might have been maybe 45?  My mom was about the age I am now.  She passed away in 2017 at the age of 84.  Her mom lived to one month shy of 90 yrs old.  This is how I am gaging how to care for myself in retirement. The obvious first task is dealing with all the years I sat behind a desk and didn't move... weight gain.

I have now lost 15 lbs.  I am starting to feel better and notice changes, such as more energy.  My goal is to be 25 lbs lighter at Brady's graduation and at least 30 - 35 lbs lighter by July 4th.  Hopefully, 40 lbs by the end of July and 50 lbs by my birthday at the end of August.  (I think I will plan the rest later in July.)  It's going to take a while to lose all the weight to be healthy again.  I have still a lot to learn.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn