Kari's Soberity 13 Years


In 2010 my husband decided he wasn't meant to be married.  So 5 days after celebrating our anniversary, he decided to let me know this.  We had trouble but I honestly thought our troubles were so strange I ended up moving out and getting an apartment.  I discovered later there was more... I'll just say that he remarried within the year.

Kari announced she was on drugs (which wasn't news) and she was going to get off.  I was helping with the boys and daily I didn't know if she would live or die.  I prayed a lot and tried my best to keep the boys safe.

Getting off drugs, meth, was not easy.  It effected her mentally, physically, and spiritually.  Physically there was a lot of pain.  Mentally she was at the age of when she began drugs.  What a roller coaster ride.  But now it's 13 years later.

Today, the boys are gtown and not scared.  Kari is the healthiest she's ever been.  She also got off cigarettes about 7 years ago.  I saw a lot, learned a lot, and held on.  I could write a book.  Today, she's got a great job and loves plants.  I am so grateful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn