Friday So Soon? - Social/ Family




Eva has been my stepmother since I was 18 and she was 29. My dad met her while being a patient at the hospital she worked at as a nurse. My dad had MS, and I gather they were flirting. My folks divorced when I was in 9th grade. My mom was drinking (which later she recovered... another story for another time), and my dad was in and out of the hospital. He was in his 40s... maybe 40 or 41 when they married.  

Dad was charming, with an Irish twinkle in his eye with his teasing. So in December 30th 1973 the had their Christmas wedding. I was in it but was very ill with a fever from the flu.

Dad passed away in August 1999. He was hoping to see the 
new century, but cancer along with the complications of MS took him. Eva and my family has been close over these 23 years since he passed away. She 
is a Seventh Day Adventist, so out of respect I talk to her early on Fridays or Sundays... they have the Sabbath Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.  

She is Mexican American and sends me stuff in Spanish to continue my learning of Spanish. Hopefully I will see her this summer when she comes fr Brady's graduations. I will then make plans to visit her in CA. Hooray

She must have felt me talking about her because she just called. She wanted to make sure 
of the graduation dates for Brady so she can buy her tickets. We talked for about a half of an hour. She says she likes being able to call me when she wants since I am not at working.
































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn