What can I do? - Self Care


Unfortunately there's a time where one wonders, "Should I grow out my grey hair?" The way I was covering grey from a box dye wasn't cutting it anymore. So I decided to grow it out. But, just like with bangs, there's a time in that process that it's ridiculous... half grey and half brown. I thought there must be a better way, maybe somewhere in the middle?  

At Brady's birthday party Kari and Debra (a close friend of Kari's but is now a part of the family) decided that low lights were the answer. They got out their phones to show me. So I made an appointment.

Since the boys were little, I took everyone to a salon in Kent. The boys were so little that they would crawl up into the chair and sit on a booster seat. The last time we had been there was before the pandemic. During the pandemic Kari cut all our hair. This would be my first time back in 3 years.

The ladies that work there recognized me right away in their always friendly way. They were excited to see me and wanted to know where the boys were and how everyone was doing. I explained I was newly retired and we stayed away due to the pandemic mostly.  

I explained my dilemma with growing out my hair and they went right to work. Next I had foil all over my head etc. They later washed my hair and cut it. It felt so good. I enjoyed watching people come and go. Once they were done, I loved my hair. I don't look so old and I have streaks of grey for high lights. Finally an answer and I was able to see old friends too.

Until next week... deal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn