Mindset - Mental Health



"You haven't yet realized that right now, in your life, you can do anything! You can get in the car this minute and drive to Oregon, say. There's nothing that could stop you." explained Riley. "Who wants to drive to Oregon." I replied. "You know what I mean." he responded with a smile.  

What I have been working on is establishing a routine to replace the routine I had as a working person. Other than a couple of times, I haven't left the house. Of course, there's been cold days but spring is coming. Riley would like me to get out more and explore my interests. He's right. Wise for a 19 year old. So we made a deal, that I would revisit places I use to go or do on a daily basis. My first field trip was to Trader Joes. I hadn't been there since the Christmas before the pandemic.  

Trader Joes is fun for me. I bought flowers, a few items I use to like, and took time to look around. It really was therapy but I liked it and felt better too. It's hard to change plus I am recovering from the pandemic. I am trying to think of other places to explore next week. We'll see.









































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn