Two Months - Assessment on How I am Transitioning


Two months ago I left GRC to retire.  The first month honestly I don't count as my transition since all I could do is rest and stop feeling like I was on vacation/ going back to work.  So forget February.

March came and that feeling of going back to work started to leave.  I started back to church two Sundays a month after 3 years of watching it online.  I went to a luncheon and a weekly study on praise.  Also, hoping to reconnect with friends again and make new friends.  And I did but need to continue in other areas such as Young at Heart.  

Home projects I need to plan and do more in April.  March was cooler and I didn't get done what I hoped.  I am feeling spring cleaning coming on.

Family, I felt I spent time with each family member with lunch, supported them in the things they do, etc.  Went shopping with Kari and out to lunch... and also with some friends.

Finances - always in progress.  I got my taxes done this month.  I am receiving my benefits.  I changed savings around to earn more (remember Riley) interest.  I got a Visa card to earn money back and trying to use it.

Health - weather wasn't good but getting better for walking.  I haven't yet got my blood tests.  So March I wasn't that great in health.  However, next month I have teeth cleaning, the blood tests, doctor appt, get another Covid booster shot, and I joined a health program (more on that later).

Self care - I've done pretty good in this area.  I am looking for ways to improve and not feel so old.  I had my hair trimmed to fluff it up more, I am doing more skin care at night, I am learning to apply make up for older women (YouTube ladies are my teachers like rxsrmama).  The ladies on YouTube that I am learning from seem like virtual friends.  I am not sure if that is good or bad.  I am going with good due to their inspiration.

Creative - I feel I need to be more creative.  I have gone to a couple of thift stores for ideas for home decorating this past month.  I did a few changes especially for St Patrick's Day and Easter.  I don't go heavy into decorating for holidays anymore since the boys are older.  Now it's more for just me or for Kari.  I haven't felt too inspired so I need to stir my creativity up.

I have been challenged by Riiley to get out and do something out of the house daily.  I believe he's got a good idea to help me explore.  I love stones/ rocks.  I could have been a geologist, I think.  I try to identify rocks in the raw state or polished.  I try to learn their hardness and where they were found.  I would love to go out and dig up my own or mine.  I love jewelry so I love to incorporate stones in my beading.  There are two stores I go to buy or look at stones in Kent.

Another interest I have and can finally pursue next month is gardening.  I've bought supplies and I believe I will be able to start now that April is here.  I bought flowers and herbs.  That should keep me busy.  My outings can be Lowes, Home Depot, or the nursery.  

Yesterday, Kari and I went to Watsons nursery to get an Easter cactus.  Of course, we both walked out with more.  

Well, that's where I am and my plans for April to do more.  My hope is that in sharing, it gives you ideas and to show how I try to balance life.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn