The Beginning - Social


Here I am as a student square dancer with some of the club members in California.  How did I get involved?  Well, it started when my grandfather Ernie and his wife passed away and their house went into probation.  They lived in Upland CA, and my husband's job wasn't far from there, so we lived in their house for 3 years during that time.  I helped my mom by living there.  It was over 100 years old so it was interesting.  Outlets in the light fixtures or floors etc.  Many of my friends would ask if it was haunted.  The strange thing was I could hear whispering and footsteps upstairs when I was home alone.  I never was scared by that kind of thing.  I know that's weird, but it's true.  So it wasn't my imagination and i would try to check to find out where it was coming from logically.  I found it more interesting than anything. 

Anyway, I discovered my grandfather was a square dancer from his many shirts and badges.  So I looked the club up and started lessons with my husband.  I was known there as Ernie's grand daughter. It was fun dancing especially when we went to places like Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm to perform.  Just because it was a little nerdy never stopped me.  It is the national dance, I know.  I tried Clogging, Round Dancing, Line Dancing too.  

In Washington I would try to go to dances but it was hard without a partner.  Then I had grandsons...

Tomorrow I will write more about the boys and their 🕺 dancing.  I corrected spelling on my posts and messed up the post order.  Sorry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn