Barb - Best Friends

Today my best friend Barb, whom I adopted as a sister, has been gone for a year.  Meeting at a Starbucks was often our thing to do.  She was my first friend in Washington.  She took me to Pikes Place Market to introduce me to Seattle.  I was her Maid of Honor, was there when her kids were born, and was there in the room when her husband died.  She was younger than I am and never made it to 60 yrs old.  

Last year she began to have pains in her stomach and they found a mass.  It took her most of May to find out what was happening exactly but finally she told me it was liver cancer.  At the beginning of June 2022, she started turning yellow.  The mass had blocked her kidneys etc and dialysis didn't work.  June 5th 2022 Barb left us and went on to heaven.  I am happy she's not in the terrible pain she was in, but I sure miss her.  Grieving her loss has changed me.  Her death reminded me what was important in life, and it was one reason I retired.  I also have tried to improve my health.  Love you Barb!  You are in a better place and I will join you when I am finished here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn