Merry Christmas 2023

Santa is back to the North Pole sleeping.  This holiday came and went as I write this.  We started Saturday evening with a steak dinner and salad.  We opened one gift.

On Christmas eve we went to church at 9 am for the service.  Afterwards we got pizza for Brady and burritos for Riley, Kari, and I for lunch.  Mexican food is a tradition.  I ate half and saved some for later.

Around 5pm, they left to meet uo with Riley's dad, sister, and brother at a bowling party.  They were home again by 7:30 pm.

We opened presents and ate a little before going to bed.

Today Riley and I made brunch.  A hash brown, egg, and bacon dish... it turned out well.  But with all things new, we decided what we'd do different next time.

Riley cooked the salmon and I made green bean casserole for a tradition.  Most things Kari and I can't eat but we have a little of the regular food on days like today.  Hopely not being into cakes and cookies etc will help us maintain our weight.

It was a great Christmas.  And now this week I will set my intentions again.  Not resolutions but intentions.  My mind plans through March.  The whole year is too hard.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Celebrating Brady

Autumn